Terms & Conditions
(Group Tuition @ 625 Jurong West)
1. This agreement is entered between the parent/guardian of the student and Kingsdale Education (‘company’) and the Resident’s Committee / People’s Association shall not be implicated in the event that legal action is taken by either party for any matter forthwith. All parents/guardians acknowledge that they have been made aware of the benefits of Passion Card by the company through their website at www.teach.com.sg and through the People’s Association website at www.onepa.sg.
2. A deposit equivalent to one month’s course fees is payable upon registration. Failure to comply with the notice for termination requirement under Clauses 10 and 11 (below) will give the company the discretion to forfeit the deposit without refund. No part of the deposit is to be used for payment of course fees for any month unless a proper notice has been served under Clauses 10 and 11. Students/Parents must keep and produce the receipt as proof of payment of deposit. A student attending till the last month of the course will have to pay fees till the final month and the deposit will be kept by the company to be used as full or partial deposit or fee payment for the following academic year if the student wishes to continue attending courses under the company.
3. Course fees are payable on the first lesson of every month. Course fees must be paid within the first 7 (seven) days of the month. An official receipt of the company is issued to the parent/guardian for every fees/deposit payment and that shall serve as the only evidence of the fees/deposit being paid. It is not the responsibility of the company to verify from its own records that deposit /fees has been paid by the parent/guardian in the event of a dispute.
4. Where lessons are conducted once a week, it shall be for 4 (four) lessons. Where lessons are twice a week, it shall be for 8 (eight) lessons in that month. If a lesson falls on a public/gazetted holiday including Teachers’ Day, Youth Day and Children’s Day, there will not be a make-up lesson. There will be classes conducted during the March, June and September school holidays. If any lesson is cancelled by the teacher for reasons other than public/gazetted holidays, Teachers’ Day, Youth Day or Children’s Day, there will be a make-up class for the lesson(s) missed. The date(s) and timing for such make-up classes will be a suitable timing (that does not clash with schooling hours), decided by the company. As long as the tutor can get the consensus of 80% of the students for the date of the make-up lesson, it would suffice. All classes are to be conducted up till the end of October.
5. All course fees paid include $5 (five dollars) of material and administrative cost per student per month (at a very subsidized rate), whether programmes are conducted 4 (four) or 8 (eight) times a month. The company/tutor may require students/parents to purchase worksheets/assessment books/practice papers whenever the tutor deems fit for the purposes of conducting the programme. The company reserves the right to charge for additional study material or worksheets printed for the students. Students/parents are responsible to collect the worksheets or get someone to collect on his/her behalf in the event of absenteeism and the tutor is not obligated to provide worksheets for missed lessons in the subsequent lesson(s).
6. For students joining a class other than in the first lesson of the month, it shall be the discretion of the company whether the fees are to be pro-rated at whatever amount the company deems fit.
7. All fees must be paid either in cash or by crossed cheque addressed to ‘Kingsdale Education’. An administrative penalty of $5 (five dollars) will be levied for any late payment or bounced cheque issued to the company.
8. All payment of fees must be made to authorised person(s) of the company within the specified timeframe. The company reserves the right to terminate a student immediately without any refund of the deposit or part of the fees if parents fail to pay up the current month’s fees by the first week of that month.
9. All fees paid are neither refundable nor transferable.
10. All parents must provide the company with 1 (one) month’s withdrawal notice (in writing only) if he/she wishes to withdraw the child from the course. Such a written notice has to be countersigned by an authorised person of the company and a copy kept by the parent as evidence of the child’s withdrawal from the class. If a notice is not served to the company, the student is still deemed to be active and liable to pay course fees. Any unwarranted absence or withdrawal by a student from any tuition or educational programme without notice is unacceptable. Any cost of application made to the Small Claims Tribunal as a result of the above default shall be borne by the parent/guardian of the student.
11. If the student’s last lesson after serving the withdrawal notice does not coincide with the end of the month but spills over to the next month, the fees will not be pro-rated. For example, if a student joins on 2nd January 2018 and serves a withdrawal notice on 15th January 2018, he/she would be subjected to the full tuition fees for February 2018 and continue attending lessons up till end of February 2018. Part payment of course fees in the event of a withdrawal is not allowed. The onus rests on parents/guardians (by producing the receipt) to show that they have paid the deposit to be used to offset the fees for the final month that their child would be attending classes. It is not the responsibility of the company to verify from its own records that deposit/fees has been paid by the parent/guardian in the event of a dispute.
12. Students are advised to attend classes regularly as there are no replacement lessons or refund if students are absent. The company reserves the right to terminate the student from the tuition or educational programme without any refund of the course fees and deposit if he/she absents himself from class for 2 (two) consecutive lessons without giving adequate reason(s) and notice of absence. The onus is on the parent/guardian to show that notice of absenteeism has been served at least 3 (three) hours in advance (only by SMS messaging to 91003173 / 94527713 or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Students are not allowed to treat lessons in the following month as a replacement for lessons missed in the previous month and the fees for any month will not be pro-rated for any absenteeism for whatever reason. Parents/Guardians are required to ensure that students attend lessons regularly and the company is not obligated to show a breakdown of the child’s attendance for any month.
13. An SMS (text message) sent by the company to the parent/guardian (according to the information stated in the registration form) shall be deemed as effective communication from the company to the parent/guardian for cancellation or postponement of classes or for whatever reason.
14. The company reserves the right to limit or increase the enrolment of a class and/or assign another tutor to take over the class for any reason it deems fit. Where the class enrolment falls below 8 (eight) students, the company may exercise the right to cease the class at any time without providing parents/guardians with notice.
15. A student shall be expelled permanently or suspended for any period from a class for any form of misconduct that would affect classroom teaching. Misconducts include the use of vulgarity, repeated defiance of the teacher’s instructions, repeated taunting of another classmate and/or bullying and vandalism of private or public property etc. What is deemed as misconduct so as to affect classroom teaching shall be in accordance with the teacher’s professional judgement. There is no refund of fees or deposit if a student is expelled permanently or suspended for any duration from the class. Students are not allowed to drink or eat during class or on the premises at all times. Students that are late by 30 (thirty) minutes for the class will be barred from entering the class unless there is adequate reason for his/her lateness. The main door of the premises will be locked 30 minutes after the start of the class for security reasons.
16. Students absent for any lesson have to get a representative (either a classmate or relative) to collect worksheets on his/her behalf. Failing which, the tutor is not obliged to provide worksheets for that lesson and the student would have to print them at his/her own cost.
17. Parents and/or guardians will be held liable for any damage caused to the property of the Residents’ Committee by his/her child while on the premises. Parents and/or guardians will not hold the company or the Residents’ Committee liable for any accident or mishap involving the child/ward and for the loss of the latter’s personal property should that occur at any time before, during or after class.